Furnaces are the most common residential heating system in the U.S.
Earning the ENERGY STAR means products meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental
Protection Agency and the Department of Energy.
- ENERGY STAR qualified oil and gas furnaces have annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) ratings of 83% and 90%, or higher,
making them up to 15% more efficient than standard models.
Remember, saving energy prevents pollution.
By choosing ENERGY STAR and taking steps to optimize the
performance of your heating equipment, you are helping to prevent global warming and promoting cleaner air while enhancing
the comfort of your home.
You may also be interested to know:
- Though these products can be more expensive to purchase up front, the cost difference will be paid back over time through
lower energy bills.
- When buying new equipment, sizing and installation are as important as product quality. Make sure to find a good contractor.
- You can get better heating and cooling performance at home with ENERGY STAR home sealing (insulation and air sealing) and duct sealing.
- Consider regular maintenance to maintain your heating and cooling system performance.